Yes! This VIP Experience allows 2 people to assist our animal care team in feeding our giant green sea turtles, Cammy and Ernie, their lunch. This will take place at the top of our ocean tank, an area not open to the public. The cost of the experience also includes entry into the main aquarium.
What will I do?
You will get to access to top of our ocean tank, where you will get amazing views of the creatures who live in here.
You will then be provided with a mask and gloves which will help you feed the turtle their food. To do this, you will kneel on a padded mat next to our ocean tank, where a target will be lowered into the water to indicate to the turtles that their food is coming.
Their meal will be put next to you, and you will be able to pick pieces of vegetable or greens from the tray and lower pass this to the hungry turtle.
A member of our animal care team will be on hand to assist you and teach you all about Cammy and Ernie, their individual stories, their diet and their habitats. They can also answer any sea related questions you may have.
You will also be able to explore all the other amazing creatures we care for in the centre before and after your feeding experience.
- You must be 8 years or older for this experience.
- There is a maximum of 2 people at any one time.
- Due to space restrictions at the top of our ocean tank there are no additional spectator slots in the feeding area.
- Optional professional photos available on request (extra charge applies if you wish to purchase).
- Personal cameras and loose items are not allowed at the top of the ocean tank. This is a safety measure for our animals as well as your belongings.
- Due to the location of the feeding experience,you must be able to walk upstairs, there is no lift access to the top of our ocean tank. Guests must also be able to kneel down to feed the turtles.
To book, please click here.